Sofia Vergara to Potentially Become a Politician's Girlfriend
Sofia Vergara could end up being a politician's girlfriend. Nick Loeb, the boyfriend of the "Modern Family" actress, is considering to enter himself to the 2012 race for a U.S. Senate seat from Florida, but won't be making any decision before September 18 because Sofia is still vying for Best Actress in a Comedy at this year's Emmy Awards.
"I probably won't be making a decision until sometime after Labor Day," the banking heir and environmental consultant told the Palm Beach Post about his plans. "I would say more toward the end of September...The Emmys are Sept. 18 and I'll probably make a decision after that. Right now I'm supporting Sofia and her career."
Earlier, Nick shared to his Twitter followers that he's looking "more closely" at running after his strongest competitor Mike Haridopolos quit the race on Monday, July 18. To the Post, he also said, "Now that Mike Haridopolos has dropped out of the race I'm sure there's going to be other people who are interested in running."
Sofia learned she landed her second Emmy nomination for the second year in a row last Thursday, July 14. Asked about being up against co-star Julie Bowen, she told the Los Angeles Times, "It's great. If Julie wins, it's as if I won. On this show, we don't exist alone. We need each other for the characters to come to life. I'll be happy either way."
More Sofia Vergara News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns