Sofia Vergara to Potentially Become a Politician's Girlfriend
Sofia Vergara could end up being a politician's girlfriend. Nick Loeb, the boyfriend of the "Modern Family" actress, is considering to enter himself to the 2012 race for a U.S. Senate seat from Florida, but won't be making any decision before September 18 because Sofia is still vying for Best Actress in a Comedy at this year's Emmy Awards.
"I probably won't be making a decision until sometime after Labor Day," the banking heir and environmental consultant told the Palm Beach Post about his plans. "I would say more toward the end of September...The Emmys are Sept. 18 and I'll probably make a decision after that. Right now I'm supporting Sofia and her career."
Earlier, Nick shared to his Twitter followers that he's looking "more closely" at running after his strongest competitor Mike Haridopolos quit the race on Monday, July 18. To the Post, he also said, "Now that Mike Haridopolos has dropped out of the race I'm sure there's going to be other people who are interested in running."
Sofia learned she landed her second Emmy nomination for the second year in a row last Thursday, July 14. Asked about being up against co-star Julie Bowen, she told the Los Angeles Times, "It's great. If Julie wins, it's as if I won. On this show, we don't exist alone. We need each other for the characters to come to life. I'll be happy either way."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie