R. Kelly Thanks Fans for Love and Concern Following Throat Surgery
R. Kelly is grateful for the supports poured at him by his fans. The R&B crooner announced on Wednesday, July 20 that he had to undergo an emergency throat surgery, and needed to take timeout to recuperate from his illness. Later that day, he wrote on Twitter, "I'd like to thank everybody for their love, concern and support. I WILL BE BACK!"
The "Radio Message" singer hinted his health problem a week ago by tweeting, "I refuse to take another cup of theraflu! I feel like my throat is coming back. I've been in bed sweating like crazy." His publicist then detailed his illness in a press release, "[He's] undergoing an emergency procedure at Northwestern Memorial Hospital yesterday to drain an abscess on one of his tonsils."
"Kelly had visited a throat specialist earlier in the day complaining of severe throat pain. Following a preliminary exam, he was rushed to Northwestern Memorial for the procedure. It is not known when the multi-platinum recording star, who just completed the U.S. leg of his worldwide 'Love Letter' Tour, will be able to resume performing."
R. Kelly finished his North American tour on July 14 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. This upcoming weekend, he's scheduled to perform at Reggae Sumfest along with the likes of Nicki Minaj, Mya, Beenie Man and Elephant Man. It's unclear whether he will go ahead with the show or cancel it.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal