R. Kelly Thanks Fans for Love and Concern Following Throat Surgery
R. Kelly is grateful for the supports poured at him by his fans. The R&B crooner announced on Wednesday, July 20 that he had to undergo an emergency throat surgery, and needed to take timeout to recuperate from his illness. Later that day, he wrote on Twitter, "I'd like to thank everybody for their love, concern and support. I WILL BE BACK!"
The "Radio Message" singer hinted his health problem a week ago by tweeting, "I refuse to take another cup of theraflu! I feel like my throat is coming back. I've been in bed sweating like crazy." His publicist then detailed his illness in a press release, "[He's] undergoing an emergency procedure at Northwestern Memorial Hospital yesterday to drain an abscess on one of his tonsils."
"Kelly had visited a throat specialist earlier in the day complaining of severe throat pain. Following a preliminary exam, he was rushed to Northwestern Memorial for the procedure. It is not known when the multi-platinum recording star, who just completed the U.S. leg of his worldwide 'Love Letter' Tour, will be able to resume performing."
R. Kelly finished his North American tour on July 14 at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena. This upcoming weekend, he's scheduled to perform at Reggae Sumfest along with the likes of Nicki Minaj, Mya, Beenie Man and Elephant Man. It's unclear whether he will go ahead with the show or cancel it.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video