Paul McCartney's 9/11 Concert Documentary to Air on Showtime
On the eve of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, Paul McCartney's 9/11 concert documentary will air on Showtime. Dubbed "The Love We Make", it will follow him as he witnesses first-hand the destruction around World Trade Center the day of and immediately after the terrorist attacks.
On the morning of September 11, 2001, the former member of The Beatles was on a plane on the tarmac in New York City. He was scheduled for a flight, but his plane was grounded after the attacks took place. He then returned to the wounded city and saw the aftermath of the horrid incident.
Beside seeing McCartney journeying through the Big Apple, the feature-length documentary will also revolve around the planning of a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden six weeks later. It shows the rehearsals, on-stage performances, backstage footage and interviews with Howard Stern and other public figures.
"It was an honor to be able to help New York and America at that time in its history," McCartney said. "There was a feeling of shock and fear in the air that I thought we could help alleviate with music. And the fact that so many people stepped up to join us made for a very uplifting evening for us all."
The concert featured the likes of David Bowie, Steve Buscemi, Billy Joel, Elton John, Jay-Z, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Harrison Ford, Elton John, former President Bill Clinton and McCartney's daughter Stella McCartney.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?