Paul McCartney's 9/11 Concert Documentary to Air on Showtime
On the eve of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11 attacks, Paul McCartney's 9/11 concert documentary will air on Showtime. Dubbed "The Love We Make", it will follow him as he witnesses first-hand the destruction around World Trade Center the day of and immediately after the terrorist attacks.
On the morning of September 11, 2001, the former member of The Beatles was on a plane on the tarmac in New York City. He was scheduled for a flight, but his plane was grounded after the attacks took place. He then returned to the wounded city and saw the aftermath of the horrid incident.
Beside seeing McCartney journeying through the Big Apple, the feature-length documentary will also revolve around the planning of a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden six weeks later. It shows the rehearsals, on-stage performances, backstage footage and interviews with Howard Stern and other public figures.
"It was an honor to be able to help New York and America at that time in its history," McCartney said. "There was a feeling of shock and fear in the air that I thought we could help alleviate with music. And the fact that so many people stepped up to join us made for a very uplifting evening for us all."
The concert featured the likes of David Bowie, Steve Buscemi, Billy Joel, Elton John, Jay-Z, Eric Clapton, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Harrison Ford, Elton John, former President Bill Clinton and McCartney's daughter Stella McCartney.
More Paul McCartney News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame