Kelly Rowland's 'Motivation' Trashed by Beyonce's Producer
Days leading to the U.S. release of Kelly Rowland's new solo studio album "Here I Am", music producer Jeff Bhasker stirred controversy by throwing harsh criticism at her single "Motivation". The music maker who has worked with the likes of Kanye West, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys and Beyonce Knowles posted the negative review on Twitter.
"How can this kr song with the weakest beat and melody of all time be the #1 song on urban!? Oh yeah. [Lil] Wayne," Jeff began his critical tweets by dragging Weezy to it. As if slamming the music and the featured guest was not enough, he trashed the lyrics as well. "I just listened to Motivation again to see if I was to harsh in my critique. I wasn't. The lyrics are horrid as well," he wrote.
Jeff's statements seemed to have provoked complaints from loyal fans of both Kelly and Weezy since he quickly clarified that he just gave what people usually loved: drama. "Come on twitter you know you live for the negative tweets," the Grammy-winning producer wrote. He didn't backpedal on his criticisms toward the Jim Jonsin-produced single though.
Kelly is going to release "Here I Am", where "Motivation" is listed, across the United States on July 26. The former Destiny's Child member collaborates with the likes of Big Sean, Rico Love and David Guetta for the effort.
More Kelly Rowland News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival