Shia LaBeouf Locked for Robert Redford's 'The Company You Keep'
After making a big success with "Transformers" franchise, Shia LaBeouf has landed another important role in an upcoming political action thriller, "The Company You Keep". According to Variety, the actor who plays Sam Witwitcky in the Michael Bay-directed autobot war films is attached to play opposite Robert Redford, who will also serve as director and producer.
Developed under Voltage Pictures and Wildwood Enterprises, the movie is based on Neil Gordon's novel of the same title. It revolves around a former Weather Underground militant, played by Redford, who is wanted by the FBI for 30 years. He must go on the run when his true identity is exposed by a young and ambitious reporter, played by LaBeouf, who is determined to chase him.
Talking about the project, Voltage producer Nicolas Chatier said, "This is an edge-of-your-seat thriller real Americans who stood for their beliefs, thinking they were patriots and defending their country's ideals against their government." He added, "It its absolutely amazing to have Shia LaBeouf, arguably the biggest young star in Hollywood today paired with the global icon Robert Redford."
The movie has Lem Dobbs as the screenwriter and is currently in preproduction. It will kick off production in Vancouver this September, and is expected to be released in the U.S. sometime in 2013.
Aside from "The Company You Keep", LaBeouf has already had several upcoming projects awaiting. He's been cast in John Hillcoat's thriller "The Wettest County in the World", which already began shooting earlier this year. He's also said to star in several upcoming drama and thriller films, including "Pinkville", Horns" and "The Associate".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences