Official 'Hunger Games' Motion Poster Sees Mockingjay Pin in Flames
"The Hunger Games" has just unleashed an intense motion poster. The official banner features a mockingjay pin flaming in a ring of fire. The gleaming gold pin is a rebel symbol Everdeen Katniss reportedly will wear on her outfit during the games in the movie.
In the movie, Katniss' costume is designed by fashion stylist named Cinna who is played by Lenny Kravitz. He is described as a "mild-mannered first time stylist" who can create outfits which define her public identity and "could also contribute to her very survival."
An adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy novel of the same title, "The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, Everdeen steps up to go in her place.
Scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on March 30, 2012, the film has Gary Ross as the helmer and Jennifer Lawrence take the main role. Donald Sutherland has been added to portray villainous President Snow, and Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket who is an "insufferable" escort for participants. Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson are the other actors who have been confirmed to land roles in the movie.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group