Kevin Costner in Talks for Sadistic Role in 'Django Unchained'
There's a word out there that Kevin Costner is touted to join Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" in surprisingly evil role. The actor is commonly attached to protagonist characters, but in this one, he is in talks to play Ace Woody, a sadistic trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Tarantino has lined up an impressive list of names for this movie including Jamie Foxx as the titular character, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. The addition of Costner would add up value to both the movie and the actor who is usually the 'good guy'.
Costner would share screen mostly with DiCaprio who takes the role of Calvin Candie, the owner of the harsh club and ranch run by Costner's Woody. Deadline who broke the news noted, "The roles that DiCaprio and Costner will play are every bit as sadistic as the one that Waltz played in Tarantino's 'Inglorious Basterds', and while Costner is still doing fine work, this could shine a light on him the way that 'Pulp Fiction' did for John Travolta."
"Django Unchained" opens in U.S. theaters December 25, 2012.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group