Kevin Costner in Talks for Sadistic Role in 'Django Unchained'
There's a word out there that Kevin Costner is touted to join Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" in surprisingly evil role. The actor is commonly attached to protagonist characters, but in this one, he is in talks to play Ace Woody, a sadistic trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Tarantino has lined up an impressive list of names for this movie including Jamie Foxx as the titular character, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. The addition of Costner would add up value to both the movie and the actor who is usually the 'good guy'.
Costner would share screen mostly with DiCaprio who takes the role of Calvin Candie, the owner of the harsh club and ranch run by Costner's Woody. Deadline who broke the news noted, "The roles that DiCaprio and Costner will play are every bit as sadistic as the one that Waltz played in Tarantino's 'Inglorious Basterds', and while Costner is still doing fine work, this could shine a light on him the way that 'Pulp Fiction' did for John Travolta."
"Django Unchained" opens in U.S. theaters December 25, 2012.
More Django Unchained News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting