Kevin Costner in Talks for Sadistic Role in 'Django Unchained'
There's a word out there that Kevin Costner is touted to join Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" in surprisingly evil role. The actor is commonly attached to protagonist characters, but in this one, he is in talks to play Ace Woody, a sadistic trainer of male fighting slaves and of female prostitutes.
Tarantino has lined up an impressive list of names for this movie including Jamie Foxx as the titular character, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. The addition of Costner would add up value to both the movie and the actor who is usually the 'good guy'.
Costner would share screen mostly with DiCaprio who takes the role of Calvin Candie, the owner of the harsh club and ranch run by Costner's Woody. Deadline who broke the news noted, "The roles that DiCaprio and Costner will play are every bit as sadistic as the one that Waltz played in Tarantino's 'Inglorious Basterds', and while Costner is still doing fine work, this could shine a light on him the way that 'Pulp Fiction' did for John Travolta."
"Django Unchained" opens in U.S. theaters December 25, 2012.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie