'Bridesmaids' Star Melissa McCarthy 'Wears' Bikini for GQ
Melissa McCarthy is one plus sized actress who is not afraid to make fun of herself. Appearing on the American edition of GQ magazine, the "Bridesmaids" star wore a joke T-shirt which features the picture of a slim woman's body in U.S. flag bikini. She is putting a peanut into her mouth as she poses with the shirt.
McCarthy, also the star of "Mike & Molly", plays Megan in the hit comedy movie which was released in U.S. in May. "I read the script and had such a weird, fast reaction to Megan. I knew exactly what I wanted her to look like, to sound like, and I got an intense feeling of 'I like her so much! This will never work out!'," she told the magazine.
"For the audition, I wore no makeup and a bad pant. Once I look like the character, it really locks me in, even if people sometimes say, 'We need you not to be repulsive'," the actress continued. Her inspiration for Megan was in fact Food Network star Guy Fieri. "I wanted to wear a short white spiky wig, and they were like, 'You canít actually be Guy Fieri.' I kept wanting to wear crazy white Oakleys on the back of my head, like he does, but somehow they never got in," McCarthy dished out.
Even director Paul Feig noticed the amount of effort McCarthy put into the character. He said, "We would always do an improv section during the auditions, and quickly we realized, 'Holy s***, this woman is on fire'."
"The mistake a lot of people make in casting is they get so tied to the words and the character they wrote that they don't see when somebody is better than what they have on the page. Melissa came in with this character that was just a force of nature. At first I was like, 'Is she playing it as a lesbian?' Then it got into all this weird sex stuff."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie