First Look at Elle Fanning as Ghost in Francis Ford Coppola's 'Twixt'
First picture from Francis Ford Coppola's upcoming horror indie film "Twixt" has been unleashed via Entertainment Weekly. The photo gives a look at Elle Fanning, who wears full makeup and all-white Gothic costume to portray ghost V. She is seen listening carefully to the Oscar-winning filmmaker who gives a direction to her on the set.
"Twixt" tells the story of Hall Baltimore (Val Kilmer), a writer with a declining career, who arrives in a small town as part of his book tour. There, he gets caught up in a murder mystery that involves a young girl. One night during his sleep, he is approached by a mysterious young ghost named V who leads him to the truth behind the murder story.
Back in November 2010, in an interview with New York Times, Coppola said that the idea of the movie actually "grew out of dream I had last year, more of a nightmare." He continued, "But I was having it I realized perhaps it was a gift, as I could make it as a story, perhaps a scary film, I thought even as I was dreaming." He also described the story as an imagery of the eerie writings of Nathaniel Hawthorne and Edgar Allan Poe.
Joining Fanning and Kilmer in the casting department are Joanne Whalley, Bruce Dern, Ben Chaplin, Don Novello, David Paymer, Alden Ehrenreich and Lisa Biales. Beside directing the movie, Coppola also serves as producer and screenwriter. Scheduled to be released sometime in 2012, the film will also be presented in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con 2011 on Saturday, July 23.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...