Michelle Obama Signs Up for 'Extreme Makeover' to Help Homeless Vets
Michelle Obama will once again promote Joining Forces by making appearance on small screen. The First Lady of the U.S. is set to participate in a taping of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with a military family, the Marshalls, on Thursday, July 21 in Fayetteville, N.C.
Barbara Marshall is a 15-year Navy Veteran who created The Steps-N-Stages Jubilee House, which provides homeless female vets with housing and support services. In the episode, set to air in October, the "Extreme Makeover" team will help build a new Jubilee House.
In another effort to promote Joining Forces initiative, which is aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, Mrs. Obama has taped a guest starring appearance on "iCarly". She gets into the plot when Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. The episode will air in January 2012.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding