Michelle Obama Signs Up for 'Extreme Makeover' to Help Homeless Vets
Michelle Obama will once again promote Joining Forces by making appearance on small screen. The First Lady of the U.S. is set to participate in a taping of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with a military family, the Marshalls, on Thursday, July 21 in Fayetteville, N.C.
Barbara Marshall is a 15-year Navy Veteran who created The Steps-N-Stages Jubilee House, which provides homeless female vets with housing and support services. In the episode, set to air in October, the "Extreme Makeover" team will help build a new Jubilee House.
In another effort to promote Joining Forces initiative, which is aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, Mrs. Obama has taped a guest starring appearance on "iCarly". She gets into the plot when Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. The episode will air in January 2012.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour