Michelle Obama Signs Up for 'Extreme Makeover' to Help Homeless Vets
Michelle Obama will once again promote Joining Forces by making appearance on small screen. The First Lady of the U.S. is set to participate in a taping of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with a military family, the Marshalls, on Thursday, July 21 in Fayetteville, N.C.
Barbara Marshall is a 15-year Navy Veteran who created The Steps-N-Stages Jubilee House, which provides homeless female vets with housing and support services. In the episode, set to air in October, the "Extreme Makeover" team will help build a new Jubilee House.
In another effort to promote Joining Forces initiative, which is aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, Mrs. Obama has taped a guest starring appearance on "iCarly". She gets into the plot when Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. The episode will air in January 2012.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?