Michelle Obama Signs Up for 'Extreme Makeover' to Help Homeless Vets
Michelle Obama will once again promote Joining Forces by making appearance on small screen. The First Lady of the U.S. is set to participate in a taping of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" with a military family, the Marshalls, on Thursday, July 21 in Fayetteville, N.C.
Barbara Marshall is a 15-year Navy Veteran who created The Steps-N-Stages Jubilee House, which provides homeless female vets with housing and support services. In the episode, set to air in October, the "Extreme Makeover" team will help build a new Jubilee House.
In another effort to promote Joining Forces initiative, which is aimed at increasing awareness and support for military families, Mrs. Obama has taped a guest starring appearance on "iCarly". She gets into the plot when Carly's two best friends break some rules to set up a web chat so Carly can speak to her dad, a colonel serving overseas in the military, on his birthday. The episode will air in January 2012.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie