One Contestant Sent to Hospital in 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 9 Premiere
The competition had just been kicked off in season 9 of "Hell's Kitchen", but one man was already down. In the episode aired Monday, July 18, Jason Zepaltas struggled with his breathing while preparing for the opening night.
A concerned teammate called medics who gave him oxygen, but he wouldn't stabilize. Jason was later rushed to hospital, and he could not be back in time for service. In fact, Gordon Ramsay informed the other contestants that Jason would be in hospital for a few days and would not be back to Hell's Kitchen at all.
Jason's exit made the Blue Team down a man. The group had to nominate two other members for elimination when they failed to get a single entree out during the service. Steven Paluba and Monterray Keys were nominated by the Blue Team, but Gordon thought Chino Chang should join them as well. After pointing out the three men's mistakes, Ramsay decided to send Steven home and keep the other two on the show.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences