One Contestant Sent to Hospital in 'Hell's Kitchen' Season 9 Premiere
The competition had just been kicked off in season 9 of "Hell's Kitchen", but one man was already down. In the episode aired Monday, July 18, Jason Zepaltas struggled with his breathing while preparing for the opening night.
A concerned teammate called medics who gave him oxygen, but he wouldn't stabilize. Jason was later rushed to hospital, and he could not be back in time for service. In fact, Gordon Ramsay informed the other contestants that Jason would be in hospital for a few days and would not be back to Hell's Kitchen at all.
Jason's exit made the Blue Team down a man. The group had to nominate two other members for elimination when they failed to get a single entree out during the service. Steven Paluba and Monterray Keys were nominated by the Blue Team, but Gordon thought Chino Chang should join them as well. After pointing out the three men's mistakes, Ramsay decided to send Steven home and keep the other two on the show.
More Hell's Kitchen News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism