Betty White Has to Say No to Marine's Invitation
While Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake have accepted their invitation to the Marine Corps Ball, Betty White has declined hers. The veteran actress who plays Elka Ostrovsky on "Hot in Cleveland" revealed in a statement to Access Hollywood that she has to say no to Sgt. Ray Lewis' request for her to accompany him to the ball because of her work commitment.
"I am deeply flattered and truly appreciate the invitation, as everyone knows I love a man in uniform... but unfortunately I cannot accept," said 89-year-old Betty in her statement. She went on to explain, "I will be taping an episode of 'Hot in Cleveland'." The comedienne, who starred in 80's series' "The Golden Girls", signed her statement with, "Love, Betty White."
Betty got a YouTube invitation from Sgt. Ray Lewis after Sgt. Scott Moore and Corporal Kelsey De Santis each scored a date with Mila and JT respectively. Donning a full uniform with a rose in hand in the video, the Afghanistan and Iraq veteran said of the actress, "She's funny, she's sweet, she's mature. She's the all-around perfect woman." He added, "I think I could make her laugh, she could make me laugh. I think we could laugh together. It's gonna be great."
While Betty has to regretfully decline the invitation, Mila will accompany Sgt. Scott Moore to the Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, North Carolina, on November 18. Her "Friends with Benefits" co-star JT has also said yes to Corporal Kelsey De Santis' invitation to the Marine Corps Ball in Washington, D.C. on November 12.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber