Betty White Has to Say No to Marine's Invitation
While Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake have accepted their invitation to the Marine Corps Ball, Betty White has declined hers. The veteran actress who plays Elka Ostrovsky on "Hot in Cleveland" revealed in a statement to Access Hollywood that she has to say no to Sgt. Ray Lewis' request for her to accompany him to the ball because of her work commitment.
"I am deeply flattered and truly appreciate the invitation, as everyone knows I love a man in uniform... but unfortunately I cannot accept," said 89-year-old Betty in her statement. She went on to explain, "I will be taping an episode of 'Hot in Cleveland'." The comedienne, who starred in 80's series' "The Golden Girls", signed her statement with, "Love, Betty White."
Betty got a YouTube invitation from Sgt. Ray Lewis after Sgt. Scott Moore and Corporal Kelsey De Santis each scored a date with Mila and JT respectively. Donning a full uniform with a rose in hand in the video, the Afghanistan and Iraq veteran said of the actress, "She's funny, she's sweet, she's mature. She's the all-around perfect woman." He added, "I think I could make her laugh, she could make me laugh. I think we could laugh together. It's gonna be great."
While Betty has to regretfully decline the invitation, Mila will accompany Sgt. Scott Moore to the Marine Corps Ball in Greenville, North Carolina, on November 18. Her "Friends with Benefits" co-star JT has also said yes to Corporal Kelsey De Santis' invitation to the Marine Corps Ball in Washington, D.C. on November 12.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says