Caesar Attacks Man in 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Extended Clip
20th Century Fox has released an extended clip of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Opened with an introduction monologue by Andy Serkis, the clip sees old Charles Rodman (John Lithgow) being rudely insulted by his neighbor after Charles accidentally bumps into his parked car. Caesar (Serkis) then tries to help Charles but it ends up with an uncontrollable assault.
Serving as a prequel to 1968's film "Planet of the Apes", the upcoming movie focuses on Caesar, a chimp who is raised by Will Rodman (James Franco), a young scientist who resides in San Francisco and works to find a cure for his old sick father. This chimp then becomes an experiment object for Alzheimer research. The experiment genetically improves Caesar's intelligence, which then leads him to start a revolution that escalates into a war between humans and apes.
The anticipated sci-fi film also has "Slumdog Millionaire" actress Freida Pinto portraying Will's love interest Caroline, and "Harry Potter" star Tom Felton starring as mean Dodge Landon. Rupert Wyatt serves behind the lens, with Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Jamie Moss providing the script. This film is scheduled for August 5 release in U.S. theaters.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding