Caesar Attacks Man in 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Extended Clip
20th Century Fox has released an extended clip of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Opened with an introduction monologue by Andy Serkis, the clip sees old Charles Rodman (John Lithgow) being rudely insulted by his neighbor after Charles accidentally bumps into his parked car. Caesar (Serkis) then tries to help Charles but it ends up with an uncontrollable assault.
Serving as a prequel to 1968's film "Planet of the Apes", the upcoming movie focuses on Caesar, a chimp who is raised by Will Rodman (James Franco), a young scientist who resides in San Francisco and works to find a cure for his old sick father. This chimp then becomes an experiment object for Alzheimer research. The experiment genetically improves Caesar's intelligence, which then leads him to start a revolution that escalates into a war between humans and apes.
The anticipated sci-fi film also has "Slumdog Millionaire" actress Freida Pinto portraying Will's love interest Caroline, and "Harry Potter" star Tom Felton starring as mean Dodge Landon. Rupert Wyatt serves behind the lens, with Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver and Jamie Moss providing the script. This film is scheduled for August 5 release in U.S. theaters.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says