Sued For Sexual Battery, Jennifer Lopez's Music Video Hunk Demands Jury Trial
Being entangled in Jennifer Lopez's split from Marc Anthony is apparently the least of William Levy's problems. The Latin soap star, who plays J.Lo's love interest in her "I'm Into You" music video, is embroiled in a lawsuit for sexual battery of a minor and demanding a jury case to settle the case, Radar Online has uncovered.
"Through deception and trickery Levy, with the aid of several members of his entourage, lured Plaintiff back to the Hilton Hotel in Glendale," court documents filed on July 19, 2010 alleged. "Plaintiff, who was infatuated with Levy - a rising star of international renown for his work on Spanish language telenovelas - wanted his autograph."
In the papers, it was detailed that Levy "forced Plaintiff to perform [sex act] on him, strangling her in the process. He e****lated in her mouth, on her person, through which he transmitted a sexual disease to plaintiff. Plaintiff was subsequently taken to urgent care at Concentra Medical Center by a friend." The alleged victim is seeking $2.5 million dollars in damages.
Levy himself has responded to the lawsuit on September 30 the same year. In the response, he claimed the plaintiff "gave consent to any and all alleged acts", and added that she "willfully, fraudulently, and maliciously deceived [Levy] into believing that she was a 19-year-old consenting adult."
The 30-year-old actor also stated that the alleged victim "was at no point, whatsoever, physically restrained" and that her physical and emotional distress was "self-inflicted." He additionally claimed that she tried to extort $950,000 from him in exchange for her silence. He counter-sued for "defamation and extortion." The lawsuit is still active, but no trial date has been set.
After J.Lo announced her separation from her husband for seven years few days ago, words began swirling that Levy may have played a part in the split because of his steamy scenes with the singer in her music video. The hunk, who is known as the "Brad Pitt of Cuba", however was quick to pour cold water to the speculations.
"The rumors of an affair between William and J.Lo are not true, the rumors originated from a tabloid reporter in Mexico City," a representative for Levy told E! News. "Their brief encounter was strictly professional along with 19 crew members on the set of her music video."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'