Pic: Food-Poisoned Robbie Williams Put on a Drip
Forced to a bed rest, Robbie Williams posted a picture of him on a drip. The Take That member had a serious bout of food poisoning which caused him to lose a large amount of fluid. The band consequently had to cancel their concert in Copenhagen, Denmark.
"Hey folks. Thank you for your messages and love. I'm not completely out of the woods yet but feeling much better. Gutted for everyone involved with the tour. Feeling dreadful for letting the fans down. I'm so, so sorry. Here's me and my drip," Robbie wrote along with the pic.
The band's appearance at Denmark's Parken Stadium was due to take place on Saturday, July 16 but Robbie had the food poisoning the day before. Words are, he ate a grilled Danish black lobster with lobster salad and saffron aioli. "It hasn't been pretty," a source told The Sun. "It's all down to a dodgy lobster he ate at a hotel. Jason and Mark wanted to go ahead and do it without him, so as not to let down the fans. But there was something to do with the insurance that stopped them."
The band said they were "truly devastated" of the cancellation, adding, "It was a horrible decision and one we agonized over." This is the first time in their entire career as a group that a concert is canceled. The band were expected to resume the tour in Amsterdam on Monday, July 18.
More Robbie Williams News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance