Artist of the Week: Blake Shelton
After more than a decade in the music industry, Blake Shelton is finally expected to score his first ever No. 1 album this year. The country music singer who just got married to Miranda Lambert, his girlfriend of 5 years, is estimated to reign Billboard Hot 200 with his sixth studio album "Red River Blue" with around 110,000 copies sold.
Before the album hits the stores across the United States on July 12, it has already shown sign of chart domination with its lead single "Honey Bee". Less than seven weeks after its release, the up-beat, feel-good summer tune is already in the Top 10 on Billboard Country Songs chart and climbed straight to No. 1 on its opening week.
The single bowed atop the country single chart by selling 138,000 copies of digital download. A feat unmatched by any country male soloist, the sale set a new record for the most first-week downloads by a male country singer. On Hot 100, the song debuted at No. 13, becoming the highest-debuting male country artist since Garth Brooks' 1999 "Lost in You" landed at number five on the chart.
Aside from the record-breaking single, Blake has also triumphantly swept a number of coveted awards since 2010. The 35-year-old singer who serves as vocal coach and judge of "The Voice" brought home at least 4 trophies last year, and so far has collected two prizes, including reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, this year.
More Blake Shelton News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars