Artist of the Week: Blake Shelton
After more than a decade in the music industry, Blake Shelton is finally expected to score his first ever No. 1 album this year. The country music singer who just got married to Miranda Lambert, his girlfriend of 5 years, is estimated to reign Billboard Hot 200 with his sixth studio album "Red River Blue" with around 110,000 copies sold.
Before the album hits the stores across the United States on July 12, it has already shown sign of chart domination with its lead single "Honey Bee". Less than seven weeks after its release, the up-beat, feel-good summer tune is already in the Top 10 on Billboard Country Songs chart and climbed straight to No. 1 on its opening week.
The single bowed atop the country single chart by selling 138,000 copies of digital download. A feat unmatched by any country male soloist, the sale set a new record for the most first-week downloads by a male country singer. On Hot 100, the song debuted at No. 13, becoming the highest-debuting male country artist since Garth Brooks' 1999 "Lost in You" landed at number five on the chart.
Aside from the record-breaking single, Blake has also triumphantly swept a number of coveted awards since 2010. The 35-year-old singer who serves as vocal coach and judge of "The Voice" brought home at least 4 trophies last year, and so far has collected two prizes, including reigning CMA Male Vocalist of the Year, this year.
More Blake Shelton News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off