Nicole Scherzinger's Rep Shoots Down Engagement Claim
Despite her father's recent confirmation, Nicole Scherzinger is not engaged to boyfriend of four years Lewis Hamilton. Soon after news of the engagement spread, a representative for the former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls came out with a denial, insisting that the reports are not true.
Coming out with Nicole's engagement news in the first place was The Mail on Sunday. The British publication reported that her father Alfonso Valiente said in an interview, "You know about the proposal? Yes they are engaged. My future son-in-law is a really nice guy, really down-to-earth. My family all like him. The good spirit is there."
Alfonso further recalled his first meeting with F1 racer Lewis last summer in Oahu, Hawaii. "That went down very well," he gushed. "He is sincere and he and my daughter seem genuinely happy together. Lewis is a really good guy. When they came to visit, we hired them a Jeep because he had never driven one before."
It was noted that when The Mail on Sunday went to the press with Alfonso's interview, Lewis' spokesman Simon Olivera denied the engagement.
Nicole has been dating Lewis for four years. Careerwise, the 33-year-old singer will be seen joining Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on the judges panel of "The X Factor (US)" when the talent show makes its debut on FOX on September 21.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom