Nicole Scherzinger's Rep Shoots Down Engagement Claim
Despite her father's recent confirmation, Nicole Scherzinger is not engaged to boyfriend of four years Lewis Hamilton. Soon after news of the engagement spread, a representative for the former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls came out with a denial, insisting that the reports are not true.
Coming out with Nicole's engagement news in the first place was The Mail on Sunday. The British publication reported that her father Alfonso Valiente said in an interview, "You know about the proposal? Yes they are engaged. My future son-in-law is a really nice guy, really down-to-earth. My family all like him. The good spirit is there."
Alfonso further recalled his first meeting with F1 racer Lewis last summer in Oahu, Hawaii. "That went down very well," he gushed. "He is sincere and he and my daughter seem genuinely happy together. Lewis is a really good guy. When they came to visit, we hired them a Jeep because he had never driven one before."
It was noted that when The Mail on Sunday went to the press with Alfonso's interview, Lewis' spokesman Simon Olivera denied the engagement.
Nicole has been dating Lewis for four years. Careerwise, the 33-year-old singer will be seen joining Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on the judges panel of "The X Factor (US)" when the talent show makes its debut on FOX on September 21.
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test