Nicole Scherzinger's Rep Shoots Down Engagement Claim
Despite her father's recent confirmation, Nicole Scherzinger is not engaged to boyfriend of four years Lewis Hamilton. Soon after news of the engagement spread, a representative for the former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls came out with a denial, insisting that the reports are not true.
Coming out with Nicole's engagement news in the first place was The Mail on Sunday. The British publication reported that her father Alfonso Valiente said in an interview, "You know about the proposal? Yes they are engaged. My future son-in-law is a really nice guy, really down-to-earth. My family all like him. The good spirit is there."
Alfonso further recalled his first meeting with F1 racer Lewis last summer in Oahu, Hawaii. "That went down very well," he gushed. "He is sincere and he and my daughter seem genuinely happy together. Lewis is a really good guy. When they came to visit, we hired them a Jeep because he had never driven one before."
It was noted that when The Mail on Sunday went to the press with Alfonso's interview, Lewis' spokesman Simon Olivera denied the engagement.
Nicole has been dating Lewis for four years. Careerwise, the 33-year-old singer will be seen joining Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on the judges panel of "The X Factor (US)" when the talent show makes its debut on FOX on September 21.
More Nicole Scherzinger News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding