Nicole Scherzinger's Rep Shoots Down Engagement Claim
Despite her father's recent confirmation, Nicole Scherzinger is not engaged to boyfriend of four years Lewis Hamilton. Soon after news of the engagement spread, a representative for the former lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls came out with a denial, insisting that the reports are not true.
Coming out with Nicole's engagement news in the first place was The Mail on Sunday. The British publication reported that her father Alfonso Valiente said in an interview, "You know about the proposal? Yes they are engaged. My future son-in-law is a really nice guy, really down-to-earth. My family all like him. The good spirit is there."
Alfonso further recalled his first meeting with F1 racer Lewis last summer in Oahu, Hawaii. "That went down very well," he gushed. "He is sincere and he and my daughter seem genuinely happy together. Lewis is a really good guy. When they came to visit, we hired them a Jeep because he had never driven one before."
It was noted that when The Mail on Sunday went to the press with Alfonso's interview, Lewis' spokesman Simon Olivera denied the engagement.
Nicole has been dating Lewis for four years. Careerwise, the 33-year-old singer will be seen joining Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on the judges panel of "The X Factor (US)" when the talent show makes its debut on FOX on September 21.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son