Dwarf Prince Thorin Revealed in New 'The Hobbit' Picture
After all of the twelve dwarves in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" were revealed, now it was their leader Thorin Oakenshield's turn to be unraveled. In a brand new picture obtained via The One Ring, the dwarf prince casts a fierce look and wields his sword ready for a fight.
Thorin is played by Richard Armitage in the Peter Jackson-directed movie. He embarks on an epic journey to the Lonely Mountain in order to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. He is joined by twelve other dwarves and a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins. The latter is swept into the quest after being approached by Gandalf.
Martin Freeman is going to portray Bilbo, and Ian McKellen is going to reprise his "Lord of the Ring" role as Gandalf. The film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 14 2012. It will be followed by the release of its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on December 13, 2013.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says