Dwarf Prince Thorin Revealed in New 'The Hobbit' Picture
After all of the twelve dwarves in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" were revealed, now it was their leader Thorin Oakenshield's turn to be unraveled. In a brand new picture obtained via The One Ring, the dwarf prince casts a fierce look and wields his sword ready for a fight.
Thorin is played by Richard Armitage in the Peter Jackson-directed movie. He embarks on an epic journey to the Lonely Mountain in order to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. He is joined by twelve other dwarves and a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins. The latter is swept into the quest after being approached by Gandalf.
Martin Freeman is going to portray Bilbo, and Ian McKellen is going to reprise his "Lord of the Ring" role as Gandalf. The film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 14 2012. It will be followed by the release of its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on December 13, 2013.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'