Dwarf Prince Thorin Revealed in New 'The Hobbit' Picture
After all of the twelve dwarves in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" were revealed, now it was their leader Thorin Oakenshield's turn to be unraveled. In a brand new picture obtained via The One Ring, the dwarf prince casts a fierce look and wields his sword ready for a fight.
Thorin is played by Richard Armitage in the Peter Jackson-directed movie. He embarks on an epic journey to the Lonely Mountain in order to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. He is joined by twelve other dwarves and a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins. The latter is swept into the quest after being approached by Gandalf.
Martin Freeman is going to portray Bilbo, and Ian McKellen is going to reprise his "Lord of the Ring" role as Gandalf. The film is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on December 14 2012. It will be followed by the release of its sequel "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on December 13, 2013.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris