Danielle Doty of Texas Is 2011 Miss Teen USA
Danielle Doty from Harlingen, Texas took the crown of Miss Teen USA on Saturday, July 16. The 18-year-old beat Audra Mari from North Dakota in the final which was interestingly held not in the U.S.A but at the Atlantis Paradise Island and Resort in the Bahamas.
Contestants from the 50 states arrived on Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas two days before the pageant. Allie LaForce who won the pageant in 2005 co-hosted the show with Las Vegas radio and TV host Chet Buchanan. Meanwhile, Miss Kentucky USA, Kia Hampton, was part of the performance segment, singing her original song which was written by Ne-Yo, "Better Be Ready."
At the end of the night, Doty took the title from reigning Miss Teen USA Kamie Crawford of Maryland. Beside Audra, she beat also Alexis Swanstrom (California, second runner-up), Taylor Clark (Kansas, third runner-up) and Sydnee Stottlemyre (Missouri, fourth runner-up).
As this year's winner, Doty will be given the opportunity to live in New York City as a student of The New York Film Academy. She will work with multiple charitable alliances, including Best Buddies, Sparrow Clubs, Girl Talk, D.A.R.E. and Project Sunshine. But she will first head to Mercedes Benz Swim Fashion Week in Miami on July 18.
Miss Teen USA pageant ended televising the event in 2007 and has since gone for online streaming.
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party