Pics and Videos: Chris Brown Lures Record-Breaking Crowd on 'Today' Show
Chris Brown has drawn a huge crowd on "Today" show on Friday, July 15 when he performed for its Summer Concert Series. The R&B singer lured over 18,000 people to the free gig taking place at the Rockefeller Plaza. "The crowd for @ChrisBrown concert is now the biggest @todayshow crowd ever!" it was announced on the official Twitter of "Today".
Breezy also took to the micro-blogging site to share his excitement, "18 to 20 thousand people showed up at 7 this morning! That's crazy!! Biggest crowd the today show ever had!I love my fans!!!!" He added by thanking his devotees, "It is really truly an honor and a blessing to create music and evoke emotion for positivity. Can't live without my fans."
The "Next 2 You" singer performed new and old songs for the massive crowd. He sang such songs as "Forever", "I Can Transform Ya", "She Ain't You" and "Yeah 3X". To accommodate the concertgoers, authorities were forced to shut down an additional two blocks. "We didn't expect such a crowd," his manager told Billboard.biz. "We just looked forward to Chris turning in a great performance."
Indeed, everything turned out well. Breezy catered the audience with his high-spirited dancing and singing. It's the opposite of his previous gig at a rival summer concert on "Good Morning America". Back in March, he stormed off the stage and delivered what seemed to be a half-hearted performance after he was left furious for being quizzed about his 2009 altercation with Rihanna.
"She Ain't You":
More Chris Brown News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences