Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo Have Got Married in Tropical Island
Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are now officially husband and wife. The couple, who have been dating since 2006 and become engaged in November 2010, said their "I do's" in a tropical island ceremony in front of 35 of their closest friends and family on Friday evening, July 15.
To PEOPLE, the couple admitted they did not tell their guests that they are to attend a wedding ceremony. Vanessa said, "Nobody knew where they were going." Chiming in, Nick added, "Our wedding invitations were in the form of a plane ticket. We told them they were going away and the attire was 'island chic.' It was all very vague."
For her special day, 30-year-old Vanessa walked down the aisle in a two-piece Monique Lhuillier ensemble. The dress features an intricately embellished lace corset with rose and crystal detail and is completed with a tailored bow belt at her waist and chapel length tulle veil. 37-year-old Nick, meanwhile, donned a Dolce & Gabanna suit.
While representatives for the couple kept details of the wedding location secret, a source told Us Weekly that Nick and Vanessa exchanged their vows at the top of a cliff overlooking the ocean on Necker Island. Additionally, it was reported that the lovebirds flew to the island using a private jet on Tuesday, July 12.
Nick and Vanessa's wedding will be televised on a TLC's special called "Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding," which will premiere on July 30 at 9 P.M. ET. It was the second marriage for Nick, but first for Vanessa. Nick was previously married to singer/TV personality Jessica Simpson.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016