Blink-182 Come Back Older and Wiser in 'Up All Night'
After being absent for 8 years, Blink-182 returned full pledged as a trio, crafting something progressive, fresh yet still relevant in a new single called "Up All Night". With its distinctive pop-punk hooks, stomping riffs and mature lyrics, this band are ready for a joyous summer and beyond.
Recalling creative process of "Up All Night", Mark Hoppus told MTV, "Initially the chorus had much more air. It was a lofty, synth-y chorus, but we wanted the first song that people heard to be much more of a rocker. We changed a bunch of the instrumentation, recorded heavier guitars and bass."
"And [then] Tom [DeLonge] wrote the progression that the guitars take on in the chorus," he continued. "Then Travis [Barker] took it over and the drums really solidified the rock element of the track. The half-time intro of the last section was all him, and I think punctuates the song very well."
"Up All Night" is the first official offering from the band's comeback album "Neighborhoods". They might include the song to their setlist when performing on Honda Civic Tour with My Chemical Romance which is going to kick off August 5 in Holmdel, N.J.
A month later, the band are expected to release the album across the United States. They offer a mix of the past and future in the record. "We have these songs that are total throwbacks, exactly what people know blink is," Mark dished on. "Then we have songs...that are madly different and experimental, (and) songs that are prog-rock blink music, taking a blink song but (adding) stadium rock qualities to it."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake