Blink-182 Come Back Older and Wiser in 'Up All Night'
After being absent for 8 years, Blink-182 returned full pledged as a trio, crafting something progressive, fresh yet still relevant in a new single called "Up All Night". With its distinctive pop-punk hooks, stomping riffs and mature lyrics, this band are ready for a joyous summer and beyond.
Recalling creative process of "Up All Night", Mark Hoppus told MTV, "Initially the chorus had much more air. It was a lofty, synth-y chorus, but we wanted the first song that people heard to be much more of a rocker. We changed a bunch of the instrumentation, recorded heavier guitars and bass."
"And [then] Tom [DeLonge] wrote the progression that the guitars take on in the chorus," he continued. "Then Travis [Barker] took it over and the drums really solidified the rock element of the track. The half-time intro of the last section was all him, and I think punctuates the song very well."
"Up All Night" is the first official offering from the band's comeback album "Neighborhoods". They might include the song to their setlist when performing on Honda Civic Tour with My Chemical Romance which is going to kick off August 5 in Holmdel, N.J.
A month later, the band are expected to release the album across the United States. They offer a mix of the past and future in the record. "We have these songs that are total throwbacks, exactly what people know blink is," Mark dished on. "Then we have songs...that are madly different and experimental, (and) songs that are prog-rock blink music, taking a blink song but (adding) stadium rock qualities to it."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture