First Official Picture of 'Underworld: Awakening' and 'Total Recall'
Entertainment Weekly has got its hand on the first official photo of "Underworld: Awakening" and "Total Recall". Hitting the web in scanned version, the pictures feature Kate Beckinsale as Selene who wields guns in a scene from the upcoming installment of the action fantasy film franchise, and Colin Farrell as Douglas Quaid in the remake of the 1990 sci-fi hit.
Serving as the follow-up to "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans", the fourth "Underworld" film was initially called "Underworld 4: New Dawn". The story will see Selene teaming up with her daughter to stop BioCom from creating super Lycans that will kill them all. Directed by Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein, the movie will open wide in theaters across the nation on January 20, 2012.
"Total Recall", which also has Beckinsale joining Farrell, Jessica Biel and more in the cast ensemble, is made under the direction of Len Wiseman who happens to be Beckinsale's husband. The story follows a factory worker named Douglas Quaid who becomes a hunted man after a mind-trip procedure goes horribly wrong. He later believes he is a spy, but he doesn't know for which side.
Based on Philip K. Dick's "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale", the film is due August 3, 2012 in the U.S. To EW, Farrell said the tone of the upcoming movie "will be much less jokey" than the tone of the original version starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame