Video: Jake Gyllenhaal Sees First Hand Aftermath of Gang Shooting
Jake Gyllenhaal has witnessed first hand the aftermath of a bloody gang shooting. Together with actor Michael Pena, the "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" star came face to face with a real drama when doing a research for their role in an upcoming movie titled "End of Watch".
The 30-year-old actor and his co-star were on a ride-along with the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday, July 13 night when their police escort, Sgt. Tammy Bowen, received a call to report to a gang shooting. A video footage from the crime scene displays the two actors engaging in a chat with each other as well as observing the officers.
Jake's publicist has confirmed that the "Source Code" actor was researching for his role in the cop drama. To E! News, the rep said, "Jake is doing research for End of Watch and has been amazed by the professionalism of the LAPD."
The victim of the gang shooting was hospitalized after suffering bullet wounds above his lip and on the arm. His injuries are said not life threatening. No one was arrested on the scene. The Los Angeles Times, additionally, reported that Jake had been on previous ride-alongs for the research.
More Jake Gyllenhaal News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director