Video: Jake Gyllenhaal Sees First Hand Aftermath of Gang Shooting
Jake Gyllenhaal has witnessed first hand the aftermath of a bloody gang shooting. Together with actor Michael Pena, the "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" star came face to face with a real drama when doing a research for their role in an upcoming movie titled "End of Watch".
The 30-year-old actor and his co-star were on a ride-along with the Los Angeles Police Department on Wednesday, July 13 night when their police escort, Sgt. Tammy Bowen, received a call to report to a gang shooting. A video footage from the crime scene displays the two actors engaging in a chat with each other as well as observing the officers.
Jake's publicist has confirmed that the "Source Code" actor was researching for his role in the cop drama. To E! News, the rep said, "Jake is doing research for End of Watch and has been amazed by the professionalism of the LAPD."
The victim of the gang shooting was hospitalized after suffering bullet wounds above his lip and on the arm. His injuries are said not life threatening. No one was arrested on the scene. The Los Angeles Times, additionally, reported that Jake had been on previous ride-alongs for the research.
More Jake Gyllenhaal News
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer