Miranda Kerr Names Son After Late Ex, Orlando Bloom Is Supportive
Miranda Kerr is paying tribute to her late ex-boyfriend through her first son with Orlando Bloom. The Victoria's Secret model recently revealed that her baby son's middle name takes after his first boyfriend, Christopher Middlebrook, who died in a tragic car accident when he was a teenager.
"Chris and I had been dating for two years. After he died, I wrote him a letter that said I hoped to name my first child after him in some way," the 28-year-old Aussie beauty told The Daily Telegraph. She added that her actor husband was totally supporting her wish. "I told Orlando, and he was the one who said he'd be happy to do that," she said. "Orlando's a good guy."
Miranda has talked about Christopher's tragic passing in her book, "Treasure Yourself". Having noted that she felt as if her heart had been ripped from her chest, she wrote, "Chris' death taught me that the people who touch your life are always with you. It taught me that I have the choice to be grateful for the time I had with him instead of dwelling on losing him."
Miranda gave birth to Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom on January 6. In a recent interview with InStyle Australia, she recalled the pains of natural childbirth, "I actually thought I was going to die at one point and left my body. I was looking down on myself, the pain was so intense. I kept thinking, 'How do women do this?' "
More Miranda Kerr News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake