Lady GaGa's Creative Director Responds to Katy Perry's Mermaid Style
Katy Perry created an internet buzz on Monday, July 11 when she posted a picture of herself doing a "PROPER Planking" in a mermaid costume. The picture, which is rumored to be taken from a video shoot, sparked rumor that she copied Lady GaGa who has performed in a similar outfit at France's "Le Grand Journal" last month.
GaGa hasn't responded to the issue, but her longtime creative director Laurieann Gibson has already pointed out on Twitter that the Mother Monster's mermaid style was the number one. Without mentioning Katy's name, she wrote, "Proud of my artist #1 in the world @Ladygaga her vision& passion. even though they try to steal a tail there's only 1 Mermaid, Swim On!!!"
Coincidentally, GaGa talked about her plan to relive her mermaid image in her next music video when doing an interview in a Taiwanese talk show recently. Explaining that the mermaid is her alter ego, she elaborated, "Yuyi is in incubation, for anyone who knows what that means."
"The relation of the video to my real life, as well as to my dream of the future, is really what makes it so special," she said. "Part of what Born This Way is all about is choosing to live halfway between reality and fantasy at all times, and how anyone can do that. So this video really, really challenges that idea and also celebrates it. And it's very exciting."
More Katy Perry News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked