Claiming Arrested Intruder Has Terrorized Her, Halle Berry Wins Restraining Order
A day after her home intruder was arrested, Halle Berry obtained was granted a temporary restraining order against the man. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson issued the TRO, orderings Richard Franco to stay 100 yards from the "Frankie and Alice" actress and her daughter, on Tuesday, July 12.
Halle won the order after providing the court with a detailed account of the three days Richard jumped over the wall of her Hollywood home. In a court filing, the 44-year-old actress said she was talking to her manager on Saturday, July 9 when she saw the intruder in her gated backyard, leading her to scream, "There is a guy in my yard."
Halle also recalled noticing Richard less than a foot away from her on Sunday when she went to her kitchen to get a Diet Coke. "As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the intruder standing less than a foot behind me, staring through my glass kitchen door," she said.
In her declaration, the star of "Perfect Stranger" stated, "He has terrorized me and my family in three consecutive incidents over the last three days." She further added, "This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me or those I love."
Richard was arrested on Halle's Hollywood Hills property at around 11:15 P.M. on Monday, July 11. The Los Angeles Police Department stated that the 27-year-old man was booked on suspicion of stalking, and is being held in jail on $150,000 bail. A hearing to make the TRO permanent has been set for August 1.
More Halle Berry News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'