Mila Kunis' Marine Date Admits Invitation Started as a Bet
Sgt. Scott Moore recently made headlines after Mila Kunis accepted his YouTube invitation to accompany him to the Marine Corps Ball in November. While he is still serving in Afghanistan, the Marine opened up in a prepared Q&A that the invitation video itself started as the result of a bet.
When asked how he came up with the idea for the video, the lucky sergeant from 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines confessed, "It was kind of a bet between me and Marines in my platoon." He continued as recalling, "I told everyone I was going to do it, but they didn't think I would go through with it."
"One day we had a couple minutes, and I took another Marine out with me and we shot two takes. The first one was without sunglasses but I was squinting too much because it was so bright, so we shot the one I uploaded to YouTube. The rest of the Marines liked it, so I posted it that day."
Scott, who said that Mila's people have contacted him, also revealed that he always thought he had a chance to score the date. "Sometimes that's all you need," he said. "The Marines I work with did their best to spread it around." When he landed the date, he admitted, "My initial reaction was disbelief. It's going to be a great experience to meet her, and it's going to make the ball more special for everyone."
In the Q&A, Scott also thanked Mila's "Friends with Benefits" co-star, Justin Timberlake, for encouraging the actress to say yes. "JT and I had this all planned from the start," he jokingly said. "He's been a great wingman. It's nice to know he can get over the jealously to help a brother out (just kidding). Justin Timberlake's encouragement definitely helped, I owe him one."
Mila Kunis agreed to accompany Sgt. Scott Moore to the Marine Corps Ball on November 18 in Greenville, North Carolina after learning about his YouTube invitation during a chat with Fox411. After co-star Justin told her, "You need to do it for your country", she consulted with her publicist and confirmed, "I'll do it."
More Mila Kunis News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story