First Look at Updated Version of 'Dallas'
TNT is reviving "Dallas" and has released the first promo for its new show. The drama series is not a reboot, but rather serves as a continuation to the the 1980s prime time soap opera which featured Larry Hagman as greedy, scheming oil baron J. R. Ewing.
The updated version will now focus on his son, John Ross Ewing III, and Christopher Ewing, the adopted son of Bobby Ewing. Portrayed by Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe, the two young men will carry on their families' rivalries.
Hagman returns to reprise his role, reuniting with fellow cast mates Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. Also among the cast ensemble are the likes of Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong.
"Dallas" will premiere in summer 2012 on TNT. Michael M. Robin directs the pilot and will also executive produce the series.
More Dallas News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign