First Look at Updated Version of 'Dallas'
TNT is reviving "Dallas" and has released the first promo for its new show. The drama series is not a reboot, but rather serves as a continuation to the the 1980s prime time soap opera which featured Larry Hagman as greedy, scheming oil baron J. R. Ewing.
The updated version will now focus on his son, John Ross Ewing III, and Christopher Ewing, the adopted son of Bobby Ewing. Portrayed by Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe, the two young men will carry on their families' rivalries.
Hagman returns to reprise his role, reuniting with fellow cast mates Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. Also among the cast ensemble are the likes of Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong.
"Dallas" will premiere in summer 2012 on TNT. Michael M. Robin directs the pilot and will also executive produce the series.
More Dallas News
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat