First Look at Updated Version of 'Dallas'
TNT is reviving "Dallas" and has released the first promo for its new show. The drama series is not a reboot, but rather serves as a continuation to the the 1980s prime time soap opera which featured Larry Hagman as greedy, scheming oil baron J. R. Ewing.
The updated version will now focus on his son, John Ross Ewing III, and Christopher Ewing, the adopted son of Bobby Ewing. Portrayed by Josh Henderson and Jesse Metcalfe, the two young men will carry on their families' rivalries.
Hagman returns to reprise his role, reuniting with fellow cast mates Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray. Also among the cast ensemble are the likes of Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo and Brenda Strong.
"Dallas" will premiere in summer 2012 on TNT. Michael M. Robin directs the pilot and will also executive produce the series.
More Dallas News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'