Busy Dr. Drew Puts 'Celebrity Rehab' on Indefinite Hiatus
Dr. Drew Pinsky is going to take a long time off from helping troubled stars. It has been reported that "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will go on indefinite hiatus after the current fifth season is wrapped up.
"The decision was made to put the show on hiatus because Dr. Drew Pinsky is just too busy to continue to do the show," a source connected to the show told Radar Online. The addiction medicine specialist indeed has a bunch of other shows to keep him busy, including "Dr. Drew Show", "Loveline", "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew", "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" and upcoming "Life Changers".
"The amount of time Dr. Drew has to commit to treating celebrities on the show is a tremendous amount of time," the insider further explained. The 52-year-old television personality may do the show again in the future if he has time as the source revealed that "Dr. Drew really enjoyed doing the show, even though it could be very emotionally grueling at times."
This season of "Celebrity Rehab" was premiered on June 26. Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan, actress Amy Fisher, Bai Ling and Sean Young, as well as baseball star Dwight Gooden are among the cast members. Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler, who had joined the show in season 2, also returns in season 5.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016