Busy Dr. Drew Puts 'Celebrity Rehab' on Indefinite Hiatus
Dr. Drew Pinsky is going to take a long time off from helping troubled stars. It has been reported that "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will go on indefinite hiatus after the current fifth season is wrapped up.
"The decision was made to put the show on hiatus because Dr. Drew Pinsky is just too busy to continue to do the show," a source connected to the show told Radar Online. The addiction medicine specialist indeed has a bunch of other shows to keep him busy, including "Dr. Drew Show", "Loveline", "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew", "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" and upcoming "Life Changers".
"The amount of time Dr. Drew has to commit to treating celebrities on the show is a tremendous amount of time," the insider further explained. The 52-year-old television personality may do the show again in the future if he has time as the source revealed that "Dr. Drew really enjoyed doing the show, even though it could be very emotionally grueling at times."
This season of "Celebrity Rehab" was premiered on June 26. Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan, actress Amy Fisher, Bai Ling and Sean Young, as well as baseball star Dwight Gooden are among the cast members. Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler, who had joined the show in season 2, also returns in season 5.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards