Busy Dr. Drew Puts 'Celebrity Rehab' on Indefinite Hiatus
Dr. Drew Pinsky is going to take a long time off from helping troubled stars. It has been reported that "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" will go on indefinite hiatus after the current fifth season is wrapped up.
"The decision was made to put the show on hiatus because Dr. Drew Pinsky is just too busy to continue to do the show," a source connected to the show told Radar Online. The addiction medicine specialist indeed has a bunch of other shows to keep him busy, including "Dr. Drew Show", "Loveline", "Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew", "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" and upcoming "Life Changers".
"The amount of time Dr. Drew has to commit to treating celebrities on the show is a tremendous amount of time," the insider further explained. The 52-year-old television personality may do the show again in the future if he has time as the source revealed that "Dr. Drew really enjoyed doing the show, even though it could be very emotionally grueling at times."
This season of "Celebrity Rehab" was premiered on June 26. Lindsay Lohan's father Michael Lohan, actress Amy Fisher, Bai Ling and Sean Young, as well as baseball star Dwight Gooden are among the cast members. Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler, who had joined the show in season 2, also returns in season 5.
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says