Beyonce's Dad Sues Live Nation Over False Theft Accusation
Last March when Beyonce Knowles fired her father Mathew as her manager, she didn't explain why she decided to end their professional relationship. Details of the separation were kept private until recently. In a legal document obtained by TMZ, it was explained that the R&B diva sacked his dad because she believed he had stolen from her.
Mathew accused Live Nation Management as the third party which brainwashed Beyonce into believing that he stole her money. Calling it a bad rap for him, the 60-year-old World Music founder who formerly managed two other ex-members of Destiny's Child, Michelle Williams (II) and Kelly Rowland, sued the company for defamation of character.
In the lawsuit, Mathew pointed out that Live Nation convinced Beyonce to have her law firm conduct an audit. His contract with his daughter was later terminated after it's concluded that he had indeed stolen her money, an accusation which he firmly denied.
After he was fired, Beyonce hired a manager who had worked as a former executive at Live Nation and maintained a relationship with the company. In his effort to prove he's innocent, he requested the judge to grant him the right to take depositions from various people at Live Nation, to determine how they orchestrated the false accusation.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'