Beyonce's Dad Sues Live Nation Over False Theft Accusation
Last March when Beyonce Knowles fired her father Mathew as her manager, she didn't explain why she decided to end their professional relationship. Details of the separation were kept private until recently. In a legal document obtained by TMZ, it was explained that the R&B diva sacked his dad because she believed he had stolen from her.
Mathew accused Live Nation Management as the third party which brainwashed Beyonce into believing that he stole her money. Calling it a bad rap for him, the 60-year-old World Music founder who formerly managed two other ex-members of Destiny's Child, Michelle Williams (II) and Kelly Rowland, sued the company for defamation of character.
In the lawsuit, Mathew pointed out that Live Nation convinced Beyonce to have her law firm conduct an audit. His contract with his daughter was later terminated after it's concluded that he had indeed stolen her money, an accusation which he firmly denied.
After he was fired, Beyonce hired a manager who had worked as a former executive at Live Nation and maintained a relationship with the company. In his effort to prove he's innocent, he requested the judge to grant him the right to take depositions from various people at Live Nation, to determine how they orchestrated the false accusation.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'