'Dark Knight Rises' Gets Apocalyptic-Themed Teaser Poster
Official teaser poster from Christopher Nolan-directed movie "The Dark Knight Rises" has been revealed. The image features skyscrapers in the Gotham city crumbling to the ground, and the iconic Batman logo being formed on the bright-light sky amidst the city-scale destruction.
A follow-up to 2008's critically-acclaimed "The Dark Knight", the action movie is going to be released in theaters across the United States in Summer 2012. Christian Bale is going to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/the Dark Knight, and Anne Hathaway will play opposite him as Selina Kyle/Catwoman.
Some of the scenes will be filmed at Wollaton Hall in Nottingham, England, and some others will be shot in Carnegie Mellon University. In the latter, a prison break will be staged with "precision stunt driving, gunfire, atmospheric smoke, and controlled pyrotechnic explosions."
"Scenes outside the Fifth Ave. entrance of Mellon Institute include a standoff between two rivals that escalates into a riot. One character drives a motorcycle through the fourth floor lobby, out the front doors and down the steps onto Fifth Ave," it was explained on the university's official blog.
As American millionaire playboy Wayne, Bale will run errands around Gotham city in a Lamborghini Aventador, an upgrade to his 2008's on-screen ride Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. Also, he reportedly will fly a Batcopter, which is built from two attack helicopters in the same design as the Bat Mobile, when donning his Dark Knight costume.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years