Demi Lovato's Emotional Single 'Skyscraper' Gets Full Audio Stream
Demi Lovato has just released her brand new single "Skyscraper". The former "Sonny with a Chance" star bares her heart out, narrating her recent journey in dealing with personal issues. "Skies are crying, I am watching/ Catching teardrops in my hand," she kicks in the piano-driven song with a lot of angst.
But, nothing could bring her down. "Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper," she sings triumphantly. "As the smoke clears, I awaken and untangle you from me/ Would it make feel better, to watch me while I bleed/ All my windows, still are broken/ But I'm standing on my feet."
Demi has repeatedly said that the new single is very personal to her. "This isn't just a single or a song to me," she recently tweeted. "This represents the strength of an incredibly difficult journey I've been on that will hopefully provide the faith and inspiration to others going through the hardest issues of their own."
In support of the comeback single, Demi has filmed a music video with director Mark Pellington (Pearl Jam, Michael Jackson, The Fray). A sneak peek to how the emotional song will be visualized has been made available in an official teaser. It gives a brief glimpse at a somber-looking Demi in a chilly, and windy day. The music video will premiere July 13.
Coming from production hands of Toby Gad (Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Clarkson), "Skyscraper" serves as the lead single of Demi's new album which is due this fall. "With my new album, I'm hoping to provide inspiration for girls everywhere who are going through the same issues I've faced. I think this will come through in a lot of the material," she stated.
More Demi Lovato News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018