Joe Jonas NOT Booed at Paper Magazine Concert in Brooklyn
Executive Editor Alexis Swerdloff was quick to pour cold water on rumor suggesting Joe Jonas received negative response when performing a recent party for Paper magazine in Brooklyn last Wednesday, July 6. In denying such review, the editor insisted all went well and Joe got a lot of love from concertgoers.
The unfavorable review about the concert was run by the New York Daily News. It was reported that the lead singer of the Jonas Brothers was booed and jeered by the crowd when opening for Swizz Beatz during the gig taking place at the House of Vans in Billyburg.
Aside from getting love from a group of young girls at the front row, Joe reportedly failed to impress the rest of the crowd. His performances were greeted with "a mixture of derision and stony silence." The gig was said going from bad to worse for him when he was pelted with mini basketballs which were gifts from sponsor.
It was further reported that Joe refused to let the hostile atmosphere affect his performances. He reportedly acted like a true professional, but it still didn't do him much good. "How you guys doing tonight? Let's have fun! Lemme see them drinks in the air!" he shouted. His enthusiastic greeting reportedly fell flat.
In denying all those reports, Alexis told Gossip Cop, "As someone who was standing in the middle of the crowd during the entire performance, I can say that yes, there were a few balls thrown onto the stage - but they were promotional balls that were being thrown around all night - and that Joe was hardly met with stony silence!"
The editor furthermore mentioned, "Rabid fans lined up around the block hours before the performance and were screaming throughout." Indeed, a video footage posted by Joe shows a number of enthusiastic fans lined up outside the venue and once they were inside, they got into the mood of the party without doing anything hostile to Joe.
More Joe Jonas News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story