'Amazing Spider-Man' Won't Be Cartoony Like First Three Films
As the one who pens the script of upcoming film "The Amazing Spider-Man", Steve Kloves hinted that the reboot project will be more realistic than Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. The man, who also wrote the script for all of the "Harry Potter" film series (except "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"), claimed that he can't write cartoony dialogue for the upcoming movie.
"I said, 'I can't do 'shazam!' dialogue, that's not what I do. If you wanna do the Peter Parker I knew as a kid reading the comic book, I can do that, because it was grounded in exactly what you said, reality,' " so the 51-year-old screenwriter said in a recent interview with Collider. He added, "So they said 'Yes that's what we want, we want you to come in and write Peter Parker as a real character.' "
In the interview, Kloves also admitted that he has declined an offer from Sony to write a sequel for the planned trilogy. He explained, "They had talked to me about doing the second one when I was doing it, and no I didn't wanna, I sort of dated it, I don't wanna marry it."
When explaining why Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man has mechanical webshooters, Kloves said, "There was a reason for it." He added, "It was about an organic thing versus a mechanical, making it. They had a whole complicated thing about it and as you know, it always involves Marvel because Marvel is very, very involved in terms of, they have a list of things, it's like a bible of things, which are good things, most of them, because you don't want someone just completely destroying this wonderful character, because it's a really good character..."
Directed by Marc Webb, "The Amazing Spider-Man" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on July 3, 2012. Joining Andrew Garfield in the cast ensemble are Emma Stone who plays the superhero's love interest Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans who is cast as villainous Dr. Connor a.k.a The Lizard.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season