'Amazing Spider-Man' Won't Be Cartoony Like First Three Films
As the one who pens the script of upcoming film "The Amazing Spider-Man", Steve Kloves hinted that the reboot project will be more realistic than Sam Raimi's "Spider-Man" trilogy. The man, who also wrote the script for all of the "Harry Potter" film series (except "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"), claimed that he can't write cartoony dialogue for the upcoming movie.
"I said, 'I can't do 'shazam!' dialogue, that's not what I do. If you wanna do the Peter Parker I knew as a kid reading the comic book, I can do that, because it was grounded in exactly what you said, reality,' " so the 51-year-old screenwriter said in a recent interview with Collider. He added, "So they said 'Yes that's what we want, we want you to come in and write Peter Parker as a real character.' "
In the interview, Kloves also admitted that he has declined an offer from Sony to write a sequel for the planned trilogy. He explained, "They had talked to me about doing the second one when I was doing it, and no I didn't wanna, I sort of dated it, I don't wanna marry it."
When explaining why Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man has mechanical webshooters, Kloves said, "There was a reason for it." He added, "It was about an organic thing versus a mechanical, making it. They had a whole complicated thing about it and as you know, it always involves Marvel because Marvel is very, very involved in terms of, they have a list of things, it's like a bible of things, which are good things, most of them, because you don't want someone just completely destroying this wonderful character, because it's a really good character..."
Directed by Marc Webb, "The Amazing Spider-Man" is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on July 3, 2012. Joining Andrew Garfield in the cast ensemble are Emma Stone who plays the superhero's love interest Gwen Stacy, and Rhys Ifans who is cast as villainous Dr. Connor a.k.a The Lizard.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'