New Behind-the-Scene Video of 'The Hobbit': Wrapping First Block of Filming
The second production video from "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" has been released by Peter Jackson. The director shares the wrapping of the movie's first block of filming. "Thank you very much everybody for a great first block!" he told his crew. "Have a great break. Everyone's having a break, and we will see you back here soon enough."
Later, Andy Serkis sits down with Andrew Lesnie to talk about his "254-day schedule." He gushed, "I think it's a much better way to divide it up into three blocks, and then have some time to edit what you've done, look at it, hand visual effects shots over to the CGI guys. You can really focus on the script revisions. It's just a much smarter way to shoot these big films."
Now that the first block has been done, most of the crew and cast are going on vacation and enjoying some family time. Peter Hambleton who plays dwarf Gloin will go on a vacation in New Zealand with his wife, Ian McKellen aka Gandalf dishes on his plan to go to London, and James Nesbitt plans to play golf in America.
While the crew and cast are full of plans for the break, Andy will be busy doing some editing in the cutting room and discussing some stuff for the second block. "But, before I get to do any of that, I've got to jump on a plane ... and go location scouting down in the south island," the director divulged his plan of scouting location for the next filming.
"The Hobbit" will follow Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) and twelve dwarves on their quest to the Lonely Mountain. They embark on the journey to reclaim the lost kingdom Erebor and get the dwarves' lost treasure. The movie is divided into two parts with the first being set to hit the U.S. theaters on December 14, 2012, and its follow-up, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", being planned to come out across the country a year later on December 13, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge