Artist of the Week: Cali Swag District
Cali Swag District created a great deal of internet buzz with their trend-setting single "Teach Me How to Dougie". Together, these boys from the West Coast captured the mood of the street with the infectious beat and became talk of the town for their success, but much too soon the celebration turned into a grief when their member M-Bone was shot to death in May this year.
The murder of M-Bone shocked the band's members, Hip-Hop community and their fans. In honor of the late artist, the three remaining members dropped a tribute song called "How to Do That". Instead of creating something mellow, they paid tribute to him in an upbeat track that highlighted his personality as a fun, and energetic person.
As a way to continue remembering M-Bone, they also maintain the level of fun in their upcoming debut album "The KickBack". They told AceShowbiz in an exclusive interview, "Fun and energetic is how we will always remember M-Bone. Whether it be recording for an album, a performance, or an autograph signing we will approach it all with fun and energy. That's the way M-Bone did it."
C-Smoove, Yung and JayAre are going to release the album across the United States on July 12. Armed with up-tempo beat and a lot of bass sound, they charmed their way into commanding music lovers to the dance floor with them. They are expected to follow the release of the album by dropping a third single "Burn Out (Drive Fast)" later this year.
Look forward to AceShowbiz's full interview with Cali Swag District this coming Tuesday, July 12.
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic