Three More New Kelly Clarkson Songs Leak
Following the arrival of Kelly Clarkson's "Let Me Down" last week, more never-before-heard tracks from the winner of "American Idol" season 1 hit the web. The first is called "What Doesn't Kill You", the second is "I Forgive You", and the third is "Dumb + Dumb = U".
While she's singing her angst out in the previously-leaked "Let Me Down", Kelly sounds off her optimism in the "What Doesn't Kill You". She's belting out empowerment lyrics, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger/ Stand a little taller/ Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone."
In the "Forgive You", she's calling a truce with someone from her past, "We were just a couple of kids trying to figure out how to live, doing it our way/ No shame, no blame, 'cause the damage is done." In the "Dumb", she's mocking an anonymous ex, "It ain't rocket science / I may not be Einstein, but I know that dumb plus dumb equals you!"
It's unknown which song will become her lead single. Whichever it is, songwriter Claude Kelly who helped her write new songs for her new album assured fans it will catapult her up the charts again. "They want to make sure that the arena is clean for Kelly Clarkson's return, 'cause when she comes back, she always comes back pretty big," Claude told MTV.
"They want to make sure when her first single comes out, there's nothing out there that's competing with it. I don't know for sure, but Kelly always does it big, so when it comes out, the fans will be happy and she'll sing her butt off and it'll be good times."
Kelly will release the new album sometime this fall. She recorded the last song in the album on February 25. The "American Idol" graduate shared back then, "This album was influenced by Prince, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Radiohead and there's a little bit of a Country vibe/influence on a couple of songs."
"What Doesn't Kill You":
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp