Harry Lennix to Play General Swanwick in 'Man of Steel'
Harry Lennix is reportedly set to join the cast ensemble of upcoming Superman reboot, "Man of Steel". According to Variety, the 46-year-old actor, who is famously known for playing Commander Lock in the "Matrix" film franchise, has been cast for the role of General Swanwick in the forthcoming superhero film.
Other stars who have previously been cast in the movie are Henry Cavill who will play Superman, and Amy Adams who will portray Superman's love interest, Lois Lane. Russell Crowe, Michael Shannon, Julia Ormond, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and Christopher Meloni are also named in the casting department.
"Man of Steel" is directed by filmmaker Zack Snyder, with Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as the producers. Meanwhile, David S. Goyer is slated as the screenwriter. The film is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters in 2012.
Harry Lennix is a veteran actor in both big and small screen. Beside playing in the "Matrix" trilogy, the 46-year-old actor is also known for his portrayal of Dresser in 1991's film "The Five Heartbeats". The Boyd Langton of "Dollhouse" will soon be seen in an upcoming indie movie "Mr. Sophistication", in which he's also slated to serve as executive producer.
More Man of Steel News
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'