'Thrones' Gets Female Warrior, 'Desperate Housewives' Finds Renee's New Beau
Gearing up for the new season, "Game of Thrones" and "Desperate Housewives" have added a name each to their cast ensemble. The former has tapped "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" star Gwendoline Christie to portray Brienne, while the latter cast former "V" actor Charles Mesure for a regular role of Ben.
Brienne is the Maid of Tarth, who is described in the book as a highly skilled warrior. She is generally considered as odds due to her abnormal size, strength, and near-absence of female sexual characteristics. She is tasked to escort Jamie Lannister to King's Landing to exchange him for Sansa and Arya Stark after their capture.
Ben, meanwhile, is "a sexy, charming, and occasionally ruthless contractor who has the kind of grit and drive that comes from being a self-made man," TVLine said. Mesure's character is additionally set to be the new love interest for Vanessa Williams' Renee.
"Thrones" will debut its second season sometime in spring 2012, while "Housewives" will return for an eighth season on Sunday, September 25.
More Game of Thrones News
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs