'Thrones' Gets Female Warrior, 'Desperate Housewives' Finds Renee's New Beau
Gearing up for the new season, "Game of Thrones" and "Desperate Housewives" have added a name each to their cast ensemble. The former has tapped "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" star Gwendoline Christie to portray Brienne, while the latter cast former "V" actor Charles Mesure for a regular role of Ben.
Brienne is the Maid of Tarth, who is described in the book as a highly skilled warrior. She is generally considered as odds due to her abnormal size, strength, and near-absence of female sexual characteristics. She is tasked to escort Jamie Lannister to King's Landing to exchange him for Sansa and Arya Stark after their capture.
Ben, meanwhile, is "a sexy, charming, and occasionally ruthless contractor who has the kind of grit and drive that comes from being a self-made man," TVLine said. Mesure's character is additionally set to be the new love interest for Vanessa Williams' Renee.
"Thrones" will debut its second season sometime in spring 2012, while "Housewives" will return for an eighth season on Sunday, September 25.
More Game of Thrones News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'