San Diego Comic Con 2011: Selected Movie Panels on Friday
Screen Gems and Sony Pictures are going to invade Hall H of San Diego Comic Con 2011 on Friday, July 22. From 1:30-2:30 P.M., the former will present a panel for an anticipated new sequel of "Underworld" film series, "Underworld 4: New Dawn", and upcoming limited release "Attack the Block".
Later at 4:00-6:30 P.M., Sony will bring its potential box office films namely "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", "Total Recall" and "The Amazing Spider-Man", as well as comedy "30 Minutes or Less" to the 6,000-seat hall. Slated to attend the event are such lead actors as Nicolas Cage, Colin Farrell, Andrew Garfield and Aziz Ansari.
Earlier the same day, Paramount is going to present a panel for animation "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn". DreamWorks will also hold a presentation for "Fright Night", while Legendary Pictures will have its first-ever Comic Con panel to promote "Pacific Rim", "Seventh Son", "Paradise Lost" and "Mass Effect".
11:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. Paramount: The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. Hall H.
12:15-1:15 P.M. Relativity Media: Raven and Haywire - Gina Carano makes Comic-Con debut in this presentation along with director Stephen Soderberg. Hall H.
12:45-1:45 P.M. Legendary Pictures: Preproduction Preview - Legendary Pictures holds its first-ever Comic-Con panel and shares an early look at some of its upcoming film slate: "Pacific Rim", "Seventh Son", "Paradise Lost" and "Mass Effect". Panel participants include Jeff Bridges, Bradley Cooper, Guillermo del Toro, Ben Barnes, Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Alicia Vikander, Alex Proyas, Sergei Bodrov, Travis Beacham, Mark Protosevich and Casey Hudson. Room 6BCF.
1:30-2:30 P.M. Screen Gems: Underworld 4 and Attack the Block - Screen Gems to present previews to the two big movies. Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, producer Len Wiseman, and directors Mans Marlind and Bjorn Stein are set to attend the "Underworld" panel, while director Joe Cornish and producer Edgar Wright will appear to represent "Attack the Block". Hall H.
2:45-3:45 P.M. DreamWorks: Fright Night - Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Imogen Poots, Dave Franco, director Craig Gillespie, and screenwriter Marti Noxon take the dais to give fans a taste of the horrific fun to come in DreamWorks Pictures' 3D reimagining of the classic horror film. Hall H.
4:00-6:30 P.M. Sony - Sony returns to Hall H with a stellar lineup of films and talent, including:
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Live on stage: directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor and stars Nicolas Cage, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth.
- 30 Minutes or Less. Talent in attendance includes director Ruben Fleischer and stars Aziz Ansari, Nick Swardson and Michael Pena.
- Total Recall. Set to attend are director Len Wiseman and stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bryan Cranston and John Cho.
- The Amazing Spider-Man. Appearing in person are producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, director Marc Webb, and our own Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy: Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns