Katy Perry Reschedules Concerts After Food Poisoning
Katy Perry regrettably has to put her tour on hold due to illness. The "California Gurl" singer is postponing her concerts in Chicago and St. Paul on July 8 and 9 respectively after she got struck down by food poisoning that left her severely dehydrated.
The canceled dates have been rescheduled for August 21 at Chicago's Allstate Arena and August 23 at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center. "I apologize to my fans in Chicago and the Twin Cities for not being able to perform this weekend, but I am going to return in a few weeks to give them the very best show ever!" Katy said in a statement.
All tickets purchased for the original shows will be honored and refunds will be available at the original place of purchase.
Katy is the latest singer to have caught illness while touring. Adele and Taylor Swift have both halted their tours due to unspecified illness.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof