Katy Perry Reschedules Concerts After Food Poisoning
Katy Perry regrettably has to put her tour on hold due to illness. The "California Gurl" singer is postponing her concerts in Chicago and St. Paul on July 8 and 9 respectively after she got struck down by food poisoning that left her severely dehydrated.
The canceled dates have been rescheduled for August 21 at Chicago's Allstate Arena and August 23 at St. Paul's Xcel Energy Center. "I apologize to my fans in Chicago and the Twin Cities for not being able to perform this weekend, but I am going to return in a few weeks to give them the very best show ever!" Katy said in a statement.
All tickets purchased for the original shows will be honored and refunds will be available at the original place of purchase.
Katy is the latest singer to have caught illness while touring. Adele and Taylor Swift have both halted their tours due to unspecified illness.
More Katy Perry News
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes