'Limitless' Director to Bring 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' to Big Screen
Neil Burger, the man behind thriller film "Limitless", is set to bring action-adventure video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" to big screen. Burger has signed a deal to write and direct the film, which is developed at Columbia Pictures. He practically replaces David O. Russell who dropped out of the project last May due to several disagreement issues.
"Drake's Fortune" tells the story of a treasure hunter named Nate Drake, who believes that he knows where a fabled golden South American city El Dorado is located after learning it from a cursed statue. On his journey to find the ancient city, he's involved in some adventurous situations as he gets a rival hunter and is attacked by some creatures.
Mark Wahlberg has been cast for the lead role in the film. However, following Russell's departure, it is not clear whether or not Wahlberg is still interested in joining the project. There have been several speculations running on the internet that actors like Nathan Fillion, Bradley Cooper and Edward Norton are possible candidates for the lead role.
More Uncharted News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Rashad Jennings and Normani Kordei Are Neck-and-Neck
- Zack Snyder Leaves 'Justice League' Due to Family Tragedy, Joss Whedon Will Take Over the Project
- 'Hotel Transylvania: The Series' Coming in June - Get the First-Look Image and Teaser!
- New 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Photos: See Dany's 747-Sized Dragon in War!
- Trying to Make Kourtney Kardashian Jealous, Scott Disick Jets Off to Cannes With Bella Thorne
- Amber Rose Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt in Tiny Bodysuit
- Explosion at Ariana Grande's Gig in Manchester Killed 19 People, Injured 50 Others
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'