'Limitless' Director to Bring 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' to Big Screen
Neil Burger, the man behind thriller film "Limitless", is set to bring action-adventure video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" to big screen. Burger has signed a deal to write and direct the film, which is developed at Columbia Pictures. He practically replaces David O. Russell who dropped out of the project last May due to several disagreement issues.
"Drake's Fortune" tells the story of a treasure hunter named Nate Drake, who believes that he knows where a fabled golden South American city El Dorado is located after learning it from a cursed statue. On his journey to find the ancient city, he's involved in some adventurous situations as he gets a rival hunter and is attacked by some creatures.
Mark Wahlberg has been cast for the lead role in the film. However, following Russell's departure, it is not clear whether or not Wahlberg is still interested in joining the project. There have been several speculations running on the internet that actors like Nathan Fillion, Bradley Cooper and Edward Norton are possible candidates for the lead role.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival