'Limitless' Director to Bring 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' to Big Screen
Neil Burger, the man behind thriller film "Limitless", is set to bring action-adventure video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" to big screen. Burger has signed a deal to write and direct the film, which is developed at Columbia Pictures. He practically replaces David O. Russell who dropped out of the project last May due to several disagreement issues.
"Drake's Fortune" tells the story of a treasure hunter named Nate Drake, who believes that he knows where a fabled golden South American city El Dorado is located after learning it from a cursed statue. On his journey to find the ancient city, he's involved in some adventurous situations as he gets a rival hunter and is attacked by some creatures.
Mark Wahlberg has been cast for the lead role in the film. However, following Russell's departure, it is not clear whether or not Wahlberg is still interested in joining the project. There have been several speculations running on the internet that actors like Nathan Fillion, Bradley Cooper and Edward Norton are possible candidates for the lead role.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers