'Limitless' Director to Bring 'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' to Big Screen
Neil Burger, the man behind thriller film "Limitless", is set to bring action-adventure video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" to big screen. Burger has signed a deal to write and direct the film, which is developed at Columbia Pictures. He practically replaces David O. Russell who dropped out of the project last May due to several disagreement issues.
"Drake's Fortune" tells the story of a treasure hunter named Nate Drake, who believes that he knows where a fabled golden South American city El Dorado is located after learning it from a cursed statue. On his journey to find the ancient city, he's involved in some adventurous situations as he gets a rival hunter and is attacked by some creatures.
Mark Wahlberg has been cast for the lead role in the film. However, following Russell's departure, it is not clear whether or not Wahlberg is still interested in joining the project. There have been several speculations running on the internet that actors like Nathan Fillion, Bradley Cooper and Edward Norton are possible candidates for the lead role.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday