'Falling Skies' Picked Up for Second Season
"Falling Skies" is yet to wrap its first season, but TNT has made sure that the show will return next year. The network has renewed the drama series for a second season consisting of ten episodes which will debut in summer 2012.
" 'Falling Skies' is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing," so said Michael Wright, head of programming for TNT. "We're reaching new audiences with 'Falling Skies' and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next."
Created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg, the show tells the story of a group of soldiers and civilians who struggle against an occupying alien force. Noah Wyle takes the lead role of Tom, a college professor and father of two who leads the group, with Moon Bloodgood playing a therapist called Anne Glass.
It was premiered on TNT on Sunday, June 19 and drew 8 million viewers, making what it's called "cable's top series launch of 2011". Remi Aubuchon had been hired as a showrunner for second season even before the renewal was announced.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'