'Falling Skies' Picked Up for Second Season
"Falling Skies" is yet to wrap its first season, but TNT has made sure that the show will return next year. The network has renewed the drama series for a second season consisting of ten episodes which will debut in summer 2012.
" 'Falling Skies' is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing," so said Michael Wright, head of programming for TNT. "We're reaching new audiences with 'Falling Skies' and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next."
Created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg, the show tells the story of a group of soldiers and civilians who struggle against an occupying alien force. Noah Wyle takes the lead role of Tom, a college professor and father of two who leads the group, with Moon Bloodgood playing a therapist called Anne Glass.
It was premiered on TNT on Sunday, June 19 and drew 8 million viewers, making what it's called "cable's top series launch of 2011". Remi Aubuchon had been hired as a showrunner for second season even before the renewal was announced.
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer
- Chrissy Teigen Runs Outside Half Naked With Baby Luna During Hotel Fire Drill
- How Taylor Swift's New Romance With Tom Hiddleston Will Influence Her Music?
- Harry Styles Signs a Whopping $80 Million Record Deal
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?