'Falling Skies' Picked Up for Second Season
"Falling Skies" is yet to wrap its first season, but TNT has made sure that the show will return next year. The network has renewed the drama series for a second season consisting of ten episodes which will debut in summer 2012.
" 'Falling Skies' is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing," so said Michael Wright, head of programming for TNT. "We're reaching new audiences with 'Falling Skies' and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next."
Created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg, the show tells the story of a group of soldiers and civilians who struggle against an occupying alien force. Noah Wyle takes the lead role of Tom, a college professor and father of two who leads the group, with Moon Bloodgood playing a therapist called Anne Glass.
It was premiered on TNT on Sunday, June 19 and drew 8 million viewers, making what it's called "cable's top series launch of 2011". Remi Aubuchon had been hired as a showrunner for second season even before the renewal was announced.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video