'Falling Skies' Picked Up for Second Season
"Falling Skies" is yet to wrap its first season, but TNT has made sure that the show will return next year. The network has renewed the drama series for a second season consisting of ten episodes which will debut in summer 2012.
" 'Falling Skies' is a true standout series, from its ambitious storytelling, high-profile cast and production team to its phenomenal success when it comes to international and time-shifted viewing," so said Michael Wright, head of programming for TNT. "We're reaching new audiences with 'Falling Skies' and look forward to seeing where this fascinating and exciting series takes us next."
Created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg, the show tells the story of a group of soldiers and civilians who struggle against an occupying alien force. Noah Wyle takes the lead role of Tom, a college professor and father of two who leads the group, with Moon Bloodgood playing a therapist called Anne Glass.
It was premiered on TNT on Sunday, June 19 and drew 8 million viewers, making what it's called "cable's top series launch of 2011". Remi Aubuchon had been hired as a showrunner for second season even before the renewal was announced.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off