Meryl Streep's 'The Iron Lady' International Trailer Released
The Weinstein Company has released the first international trailer of "The Iron Lady", a biopic about former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher who is portrayed by Meryl Streep. The minute-long trailer involves two advisers who would like Thatcher to ditch her signature hat and pearls, as well as to lower her voice.
Streep has been garnering buzz for the role and is touted to receive her seventeenth Academy Award nomination through the film. Speaking of slipping into one of the most important people's shoes, Streep said, "I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses - I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own."
"The Iron Lady" will hit U.S. theaters first on December 16 before playing in U.K. in January 2012. Film is set in 1982 and tracks Thatcher as she tries to save her career in the 17 days preceding the 1982 Falklands War. The 2 1/2-month war was a turning point for the prime minister, who, after the victory, saw her approval ratings double and went on to win a second term.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special