Meryl Streep's 'The Iron Lady' International Trailer Released
The Weinstein Company has released the first international trailer of "The Iron Lady", a biopic about former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher who is portrayed by Meryl Streep. The minute-long trailer involves two advisers who would like Thatcher to ditch her signature hat and pearls, as well as to lower her voice.
Streep has been garnering buzz for the role and is touted to receive her seventeenth Academy Award nomination through the film. Speaking of slipping into one of the most important people's shoes, Streep said, "I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses - I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own."
"The Iron Lady" will hit U.S. theaters first on December 16 before playing in U.K. in January 2012. Film is set in 1982 and tracks Thatcher as she tries to save her career in the 17 days preceding the 1982 Falklands War. The 2 1/2-month war was a turning point for the prime minister, who, after the victory, saw her approval ratings double and went on to win a second term.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'