Meryl Streep's 'The Iron Lady' International Trailer Released
The Weinstein Company has released the first international trailer of "The Iron Lady", a biopic about former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher who is portrayed by Meryl Streep. The minute-long trailer involves two advisers who would like Thatcher to ditch her signature hat and pearls, as well as to lower her voice.
Streep has been garnering buzz for the role and is touted to receive her seventeenth Academy Award nomination through the film. Speaking of slipping into one of the most important people's shoes, Streep said, "I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses - I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own."
"The Iron Lady" will hit U.S. theaters first on December 16 before playing in U.K. in January 2012. Film is set in 1982 and tracks Thatcher as she tries to save her career in the 17 days preceding the 1982 Falklands War. The 2 1/2-month war was a turning point for the prime minister, who, after the victory, saw her approval ratings double and went on to win a second term.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed