Meryl Streep's 'The Iron Lady' International Trailer Released
The Weinstein Company has released the first international trailer of "The Iron Lady", a biopic about former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher who is portrayed by Meryl Streep. The minute-long trailer involves two advisers who would like Thatcher to ditch her signature hat and pearls, as well as to lower her voice.
Streep has been garnering buzz for the role and is touted to receive her seventeenth Academy Award nomination through the film. Speaking of slipping into one of the most important people's shoes, Streep said, "I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses - I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own."
"The Iron Lady" will hit U.S. theaters first on December 16 before playing in U.K. in January 2012. Film is set in 1982 and tracks Thatcher as she tries to save her career in the 17 days preceding the 1982 Falklands War. The 2 1/2-month war was a turning point for the prime minister, who, after the victory, saw her approval ratings double and went on to win a second term.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny