'Mad Men' Cast to Star in Sam Raimi's 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
"Mad Men" actress Abigail Spencer lands a role in upcoming Disney's project "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The 29-year-old Florida-born actress will star opposite James Franco, who will play Oz in this Sam Raimi-directed movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spencer has been cast to play a young woman who becomes a willing subject of Oz's magic tricks which the magician is performing in Kansas. Also among the cast ensemble of the movie are notable actresses like Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" tells the story of a wizard's journey to a land named Oz. The film points out an illusionist with an impressive skill, who is forced to escape from a traveling circus. On his journey, his hot air balloon is blown out by a huge tornado that makes him strand in Oz. The production of the fantasy flick will begin in Michigan later this month.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift