'Mad Men' Cast to Star in Sam Raimi's 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
"Mad Men" actress Abigail Spencer lands a role in upcoming Disney's project "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The 29-year-old Florida-born actress will star opposite James Franco, who will play Oz in this Sam Raimi-directed movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spencer has been cast to play a young woman who becomes a willing subject of Oz's magic tricks which the magician is performing in Kansas. Also among the cast ensemble of the movie are notable actresses like Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" tells the story of a wizard's journey to a land named Oz. The film points out an illusionist with an impressive skill, who is forced to escape from a traveling circus. On his journey, his hot air balloon is blown out by a huge tornado that makes him strand in Oz. The production of the fantasy flick will begin in Michigan later this month.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4