'Mad Men' Cast to Star in Sam Raimi's 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
"Mad Men" actress Abigail Spencer lands a role in upcoming Disney's project "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The 29-year-old Florida-born actress will star opposite James Franco, who will play Oz in this Sam Raimi-directed movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spencer has been cast to play a young woman who becomes a willing subject of Oz's magic tricks which the magician is performing in Kansas. Also among the cast ensemble of the movie are notable actresses like Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" tells the story of a wizard's journey to a land named Oz. The film points out an illusionist with an impressive skill, who is forced to escape from a traveling circus. On his journey, his hot air balloon is blown out by a huge tornado that makes him strand in Oz. The production of the fantasy flick will begin in Michigan later this month.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory