'Mad Men' Cast to Star in Sam Raimi's 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
"Mad Men" actress Abigail Spencer lands a role in upcoming Disney's project "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The 29-year-old Florida-born actress will star opposite James Franco, who will play Oz in this Sam Raimi-directed movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spencer has been cast to play a young woman who becomes a willing subject of Oz's magic tricks which the magician is performing in Kansas. Also among the cast ensemble of the movie are notable actresses like Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" tells the story of a wizard's journey to a land named Oz. The film points out an illusionist with an impressive skill, who is forced to escape from a traveling circus. On his journey, his hot air balloon is blown out by a huge tornado that makes him strand in Oz. The production of the fantasy flick will begin in Michigan later this month.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her