'Mad Men' Cast to Star in Sam Raimi's 'Oz: The Great and Powerful'
"Mad Men" actress Abigail Spencer lands a role in upcoming Disney's project "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The 29-year-old Florida-born actress will star opposite James Franco, who will play Oz in this Sam Raimi-directed movie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spencer has been cast to play a young woman who becomes a willing subject of Oz's magic tricks which the magician is performing in Kansas. Also among the cast ensemble of the movie are notable actresses like Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz and Michelle Williams.
"Oz: The Great and Powerful" tells the story of a wizard's journey to a land named Oz. The film points out an illusionist with an impressive skill, who is forced to escape from a traveling circus. On his journey, his hot air balloon is blown out by a huge tornado that makes him strand in Oz. The production of the fantasy flick will begin in Michigan later this month.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating