Beyonce Dethrones Jill Scott From No. 1 Spot on Billboard Hot 200
Beyonce Knowles arrives triumphantly on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The "Best I Ever Had" singer lands at No. 1 on the U.S. Album chart with her fourth studio installment "4" which bows with 310,000 copies. She knocks off Jill Scott which previously ruled the list with "The Light of the Sun".
With "4" following its three predecessors in reigning the chart, Beyonce joins a few acts who debuted their first four studio albums atop the chart. Britney Spears got such achievement with her first four between 1999 and 2003, and DMX scored his own first five No. 1s between 1998 and 2003.
Although "4" manages to keep up with the chart's peak position reached by Beyonce's previous efforts, the album provides the lowest opening number out of her four releases. She started the first week of 2008's "I Am...Sasha Fierce" with 482,000; 2006's "B'Day" with 541,000, and 2003's "Dangerously In Love" with 317,000.
Meanwhile, Adele sits at No. 2 with her "21" (92,000), Kanye West's protege Big Sean arrives at No. 3 with "Finally Famous" (87,000), Selena Gomez and The Scene bow at No. 4 with "When the Sun Goes Down" (78,000), and last week's champion Jill rounds up the top 5 after adding 55,000 copies of her latest album.
- "4" - Beyonce Knowles (310,000)
- "21" - Adele (92,000)
- "Finally Famous" - Big Sean (87,000)
- "When the Sun Goes Down" - Selena Gomez and The Scene (78,000)
- "The Light of the Sun" - Jill Scott (55,000)
- "My Kinda Party" - Jason Aldean (48,000)
- "This Loud Morning" - David Cook (46,000)
- "Dream with Me" - Jackie Evancho (44,000)
- "Hell: The Sequel" - Bad Meets Evil (42,000)
- "American Idol Season 10 Highlights" - Scotty McCreery (40,000)
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says