Jessica Alba: It's Better to Flaunt Baby Bump Than Hide It
Jessica Alba, who is expecting her second child with husband Cash Warren, has a bit of advice for other pregnant women. The "Little Fockers" actress graces the August 2011 cover of Latina magazine's first-ever family issue, and in the featured interview, she is encouraging them to embrace their baby bump.
"If you are sporting a pregnant belly, it's better to show it than to hide it," she says. "If you look in the mirror and you look really wide and frumpy, then you're going to appear really wide and frumpy. The more figure-forming your clothes, even though you have more curves, the better. I like long, thin sweaters that kind of hide my hips and my booty, so there's not a huge emphasis on how big they're getting."
Jessica also discusses about balancing motherhood and career in the interview. "After I had Honor I didn't leave the house for a while," she recalls. "It was all about changing diapers and feedings and still trying to get back in to the routine of my [acting] thing. I love what I do. But unless it's worth it, I'm not going to spend time away from my daughter. Before I had her, work was all I had. Now it's not."
On preparing for her second child, the 30-year beauty shares, "The first time around, every moment was so new and terrifying and now I know what to expect. It's like 'It's fine, I've been there before.' With Honor, I was constantly asking myself 'Is she moving? Is her heart beating?' I'd worry about everything, and with this baby I don't have the same anxieties."
When asked about having more kids in the future, the "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" actress is not ruling out the possibility. "I just have to feel it out," she says in response to the inquiries. "See how my 30s treat me. I just try to live in the moment."
Jessica gave birth to her first daughter, Honor Marie Warren, in Los Angeles, California in June 2008, less than a month after tying the knot with her producer husband. In mid-February this year, the Sue Storm of the "Fantastic Four" film franchise announced that she is pregnant with her second child.
The Hollywood actress was seen showing off her baby bump while out and about in Los Angeles, California on Wednesday, July 6. Getting her nails done before heading to the Baby 2 Baby store, she wore a white top underneath a blue jacket. She completed her casual look with a black skirt and a pair of sandals.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie