Introducing Pageant Prince, 'Toddlers and Tiaras' Slammed by Tweeps
"Toddlers & Tiaras" apparently is not only about girls. The reality series made the audience's jaw drop on Wednesday, July 6 by featuring Brock Ritter as a pageant prince. The 7-year-old boy, who describes himself as a "diva", is a pro at dance and gymnastics and has already collected a half-dozen first-place trophies.
His mother Tori Ritter claims that her son started to show an interest in pageants and tap dancing at the age of 2, but it is more difficult to find a pageant for boys than for girls. Tori reveals Brock was bullied in kindergarten when he was 5-year-old because of his interest, but declares later that those who can't understand them are simply not good friends for them.
Soon after the episode was aired, people took to Twitter to express that they are against the idea of encouraging a boy to be pageant prince. "NEVER will I allow my young son to be in a pageant where he uses the words diva & sparkly to describe himself," one Tweeps wrote.
Some other tweets read, "#goseeksomehelp if you think it's ok that your son thinks he's a diva. Toddlers & Tiaras," "Toddlers & Tiaras always leaves me speechless, but the boys in pageants at age of 7 .... I don't get it," "this mom on Toddlers & Tiaras that is making her son do these glitz pageants needs to be slapped upside the head," and "That is so disturbing that this woman dresses her son like a girl on Toddlers & Tiaras."
Not all of them, however, were disturbed by the diva boy. One Twitter user, instead, praised Tori for supporting her son, writing "I simply adore that Brock's mom on Toddlers & Tiaras has embraced her son's desires to dance & perform. Seriously so sweet."
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'