Kelly Clarkson Sings Her Angst Out in Newly-Leaked Song 'Let Me Down'
Kelly Clarkson's new song called "Let Me Down" has just made its way out in its full length for fans' listening pleasure. Coming out hot on the heels of her new album preparation, the song which has potential to be a hit with its radio-friendly sound is speculated to be one of the new materials she recorded for the album.
A pop/rock song with some rousing drum-smacking sound, "Let Me Down" revolves around a doomed relationship. Although some critics think the beat is a bit Pink-ish, Kelly manages to make the song into her own emotionally-charged rock track with with her signature killer voice.
"You're only gonna let me down/ When it counts, you countdown," Kelly sings it out loud. "You're only gonna turn me out / As I burn, you burn out/ You're only gonna make me feel so crazy/ But when I think we could be something/ You go and let me down, let me down."
Kelly Clarkson has confirmed that she won't release the new album until fall. She explained on Facebook, "The album has been recorded but I can't release it until then [September]. I realize that is a long time but that's the best time to release it apparently so I'm sorry for the wait but I promise you it sounds great!"
She recorded the last song in the album on February 25. The "American Idol" graduate shared back then, "This album was influenced by Prince, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Radiohead and there's a little bit of a Country vibe/influence on a couple of songs."
One of her favorite songs in the forthcoming CD is titled "Why Don't You Try" which was produced by Steve Jordan and written by Eric Hutchinson. "[It] is highly influenced by Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder," she stated. "Thank you Eric Hutchinson for letting me sing your song."
More Kelly Clarkson News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3